Friday, December 16, 2011

Faithful Friday - "His Presence"

It’s Friday. Time for Faithful Friday.  :)  It’s one day we set aside to share something from our Christian walk, although we enjoy walking with the Lord on a daily basis.  :)   Started by my daughter, Joy, as a way to share our faith, we invite you to join too. Just leave Joy a comment here on her blog and let her know you are participating. We’d love to visit you! Even if you aren’t joining us with a post, be sure to read Joy’s Faithful Friday post today. It’s a wonderful heartfelt and thoughtful post. It blessed me.



Today’s post is taken from the daily devotion book, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. In this busy time of year, it was refreshing to read this when I woke up this morning. I hope you enjoy it too and take it to heart.

I am speaking in the depths of your being. Be still, so that you can hear My voice. I speak in the language of Love; My words fill you with Life and Peace, Joy and Hope. I desire to talk with all of My children, but many are too busy to listen. The “work ethic” has them tied up in knots. They submit wholeheardly to this taskmaster, wondering why they feel so distant from Me.


Living close to Me requires making Me your First Love – your highest priority. As you seek My Presence above all else, you experience Peace and Joy in full measure. I also am blessed when you make Me first in your life. While you journey through life in My Presence, My Glory brightens the world around you.

The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. Isaiah 50:4 (NIV)

Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. Revelation 2:4 (NIV)

See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon you and His glory appears over you. Isaiah 60:2 (NIV)

I pray you and your family are blessed this Christmas season and that you take time to feel God's presence and allow His glory to brighten your world.  :)

~ Tammy ~

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I once again enjoyed reading your FF post.
I also love the choice of movies.
We just watched the Christmas Card on Hallmark the other night.
Have a very blessed weekend.

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

This makes me think of something I read the other day. Our God-romance should come before all other "romances" in life. We have put God first before everything. That's the only true way we can feel His presence.

Great post! Thank you for always participating in Faithful Fridays!

I love you! 8!

God bless you and Merry Christmas!
Love,
Joy :D

Paula said...

This was so wonderful, Tammy!
I hope you and your family have a very special Christmas this year!