Friday, November 4, 2011

Faithful Friday - "Name Above All Names"

It’s time for Faithful Friday again! I thank you so much for stopping by on Friday. We’d love for you to participate. If you have something to share from your Christian Walk, grab the button below, and head over to Joy’s blog (Doodlebug), and leave her a comment letting her know that you are participating so we can visit!



Just the other day driving down the road, listening to K-Love on the radio, this song really spoke to my heart. It was just one of those times that the tune first caught my attention. I thought the music was beautiful and listening closely to the words, it reminded me of all the things that Jesus is to me. The tears welled up in my eyes as I pondered all that He truly is. Honestly, how can I make it through a day without Him? The song is “I'd Need a Savior” by Among the Thirsty.




There are so many names for Jesus mentioned in the Bible. That really made me think of how grateful I am to Him for all that He is to me. There’s so much in His name. Every name for Jesus describes what He does and is to me. Every time I thought of one, I would get excited and think that just might be my favorite. Then I would think of another and think, no that one just might be my favorite. It's hard to beat Savior. But then again I love Wonderful Counselor. I seem to be depending on His counsel alot these days. Then there's Prince of Peace. Wow! Only He gives true peace in the middle of turmoil, and then there's Creator. Creator of everything.


Did you know that there are at least 100 names for Jesus mentioned in the Bible? How awesome is that? He really is everything we need. Just take a look!



Jesus. Name above all names.

What about you? Do you have a favorite name for Jesus?

*****************************************************************************************

Don’t forget to come by this coming Monday to check out the fundraising auction hosted here on my blog for my friend, Jan, to help bring home precious 8 year old Leiney Grace. Come do some Christmas shopping!



Isn’t she beautiful?

Be blessed and have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

Great post! Gee, I can't pick a favorite! I like Savior, Creator, Defendor, Christ, The Way, The Truth...I could go on and on!

I love that song, too--it's so beautiful!

Thank you for always participating in Faithful Fridays!

I love you! 8!

God bless you!
Love,
Joy :D

Lois Christensen said...

Tammy, this is the question I have prepared for my Tuesday's Question post! I've been feeling such incredible gratitude for the Lord lately. I can't exactly put it into words. I just am humbled by how much the Lord has done for me and how much I love Him. Wonderful post today! Hope you have a great weekend!

Patty Sumner said...

Beautiful Post. I love K-Love too! Jesus is just what we need him to be just when we need him to be it. I love the thought of him being my Redeemer.....paying a debt I could not pay. Thanks for taking here today! Blessings!

Blessed Beyond said...

Awesome!!!!!! You always have the GREATEST posts.... I just see about the auction... If you would like some items donated to be auctioned off, let me know... email me at plf114(at)yahoo(dot)com.... Hugs and Blessings,