Saturday, March 2, 2013

♥ On a Crocheting Roll ♥

Since we started back crocheting, Joy and I have been on a roll. So far, we’ve only made scarves, but now we’re ready to move on to other things. Next on the list are probably beanies, then maybe a headwrap/headband. Then I’m ready to start on an afghan. I just needed to see something smaller completed first to get back into the swing of it.

Between the two of us, here’s what we’ve completed this past week or so, when we could catch a few minutes to work on them. But that’s what I love about crocheting……..it can be done in small bits of time and while talking or even watching TV.






And I have to say I can’t visit Walmart or anywhere else that sells yarn without visiting that aisle. All those colors…..oh my!

These cold winter days are perfect and cozy for crocheting all snug inside!

Do you know of easy tutorials (I prefer videos) of crocheting projects to share? I’d love for you to share!  Any tips, advice, suggestions? I’d love to hear those too.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you’re all staying snug and warm on this cold day!

♥ Tammy ♥

Linking with:  Sunny Simple Sunday

12 comments:

Beth said...

The scarves are beautiful! I don't crochet. I knit but I have gotten lazy with it.

Dawn said...

Your scarves look fantastic. I normally find something I like the look of and then watch a Youtube video, that seems to be the easiest way for me. I have never followed a pattern, and can't read one so I just do what the video tells me to do.

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

I love crocheting! The rhythm, the colors....it's all so lovely. :D I can't wait to make more, and to wear our scarves! :)

Love you! 8!

Love,
Joy :)

Raymond Homestead said...

Wow, you girls are really whipping them out! They have so many neat and different yarns today to crochet with.

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Tammy, wow.,go girls are great at crocheting the scarfs....they are beautiful..Hugs Francine.

Sandra said...

They look great, good going Tammy and Joy :)

You'll see once you start you can't stop. I'm starting a new blanket today and just finished getting all the colors ready, it's one of my favorite steps of the process.

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

These are really pretty Tammy, I haven't crocheted in forever - I'd need a beginner guide to start again - the grey and red one are awesome.

Patty Sumner said...

Tammy, those are just lovely! I have never learned how to crochet...I have always wanted to but just have not taken time to learn.. You are so right, It would be a great Winter pass time. Especially over the past few days..cold and snowy. Blessings!

Anita said...

wow,, I have been making dishclothes like crazy too. I refereshed my memory on ehow.mom, I cant follow crochet directions but they have great instructions with pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Good Sunday Morning to you and Joy! What pretty scarves. I never learned to crochet but I think it would be a great hobby for these cold days. The elderly lady I sit with has made hairpin lace crocheted afghans for over 300 people in her lifetime. She kept a journal of who she gifted them to over the years.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I made myself stop making dishcloths and started a scarf (dishcloth pattern, but just keep going LOL) last nite and stayed up way to late working on it. I love too how I can put it down and work on it bits and pieces at a time.

We live 30 minutes from town, so I always have a bag of something to work on and can get alot done in 60minutes just riding in the car.

Here is a video tutorial site I found and have saved. http://www.youtube.com/user/mikeyssmail/videos?sort=dd&flow=list&view=1

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

can you share your pattern? I know you said you don't read instructions, but wondered if you know what stitches you did. I just finished one I made by continuing a dishcloth pattern and am ready to try another one. I like how yours look.